Become a Professional Blogger | Blogging Online Short Course
A blog is a way to publish your own ideas online. Don't rely on AI for blogging! Have you had an idea that you want to share with people, but you aren't quite sure how to start your blog? This course goes through everything you will need to know to start your own blog, promote it and even monetise it.
You Will Learn:
- Developing a purpose for your blog
- Competitive analysis and strategic planning
- Using keywords
- The anatomy of a blog
- Presentation skills
- How to write for business
- The balance between professional and personal
- Marketing skills
- Community building
Who This Course is For:
- Personal storytellers
- Professional Content Writers
What's In The Course!
LESSON 1 DEFINING YOUR BLOG
Reasons People Keep Blogs
Developing a Purpose for your Blog
Monetising Your Blog
Your Mission & Vision Statements
Research and SWOT Analysis
Setting Up Your Own Blog
LESSON 2 RESEARCH YOUR NICHE
Naming your Blog
Keywords & Categories
Finding your Competitors
Points of Difference
Identify your Audience
LESSON 3 KEYWORDS
What are Keywords
Strategic Planning with Keywords
Writing your own Keywords
Keywords as a Mapping Tool
Case Study: Ava Moves to Germany
LESSON 4 DESIGNING YOUR IDEAL POST
Anatomy of a Blog
Parts and Criteria
Putting it All Together
LESSON 5 PRESENTATION OF YOUR BLOG
Font Types and Size
Font Colour and Colour Scheme
Enabling Captions on Video Content
How Audiences Read
Using images: Relevance, Clarity, Numbers
LESSON 6 BUSINESS BLOGS PART 1
Business Blog Considerations
Common Types of Business Blog (Leadership, News, Updates)
Brand Development Blogs
SEO Improvement Blogs
General, Department, Sales, Educational
LESSON 7 BUSINESS BLOGS PART 2
Keep Focused & Expanding your Blog
Multiple Content Streams
Audio, Podcasts and Hosted Chat
Vlogs & Live Content
Multiple Content Info Stream
LESSON 8 INTERMEDIATE & FREELANCE BLOGS
Purpose of a Freelance Blog
Freelance Blog Anatomy
Personal and Professional Balance
LESSON 9 ESTABLISHING SOCIAL MEDIA, FEEDS & NEWSLETTERS
Keeping your audience informed
Twitter, Facebook and other Social Media
Social Media Influencers
Becoming an Influencer
LESSON 10 MARKETING, BRANDING, AND COMMUNITY BUILDING
Assessing your blog niche
Building an Online Community
Where to Build a Community
Personal versus Professional Branding
How Does This Course Work?
- There's no wait time to start!
- Study when and where you like – work at your own pace and however suits you!
- Downloadable study guide - learn on your device or save to read offline!
- Automated self-assessment tests guide your progress, and you see immediate results.
- Final assessment included in course fee, and can be done anywhere and anytime!
- Achieving a pass immediately generates a downloadable Certificate of Completion personalised to you!
Why StudyACS are leaders in online short courses... We have designed courses based on what people really want and need..
- Get Qualified in 20-hours or less
- 100% Self-paced Course
- Fully Online, Instant Access
- Optional Practical Activities Throughout
- Friendly Helpdesk Team Available
- Automated Self-assessment Quizzes
- Personalised 'Certificate of Completion' after Final Assessment
ENROL TODAY | FOCUS ON CAREER GOALS. FOCUS ON YOU. UPSKILL. RENEW.
NEED MORE TIME TO DECIDE? ASK YOURSELF: WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE FOR BLOGGING?
Whether you write to inform your customers or staff, present a persuasive argument, or maybe you have a passion and knowledge in one area that you would like to share with people? With 77% people reading blogs, this is the ideal way to spread your message. Learn where to start - study a Certificate of Completion in Blogging.
Reasons for creating a blog might be any of the following:
- Building their writing skills through practice
- Marketing a service or product (individual, small business, or large company)
- Building a business brand/identity
- Building a personal brand/identity
- Sharing opinions and reviews
- Lifestyle commentary
- To provide information
- Niche interest e.g. fan reviews, discussion of television/books, birdwatching, etc.
- To tell their story
This course helps you first to develop a focus on why you are blogging, the to decide what to blog, how to write it and how to grow the readership. What you learn in this course will increase your chances of success.